Sunday, August 12, 2012

Weekend Wrap

Well it would seem that the combination of cold weather and strong winds resulted in the option of staying in a warm comfy bed the preferred option of many this weekend, out here in any case. This mornings ride was on from the get go with Scotty his usual self setting a scorching pace. There was only Dylan, Scotty and myself to start with in the first group with Graeme and Schalk riding gentleman's pace. I was more than happy to hold wheels while those 2 set the pace I would like to point out :)
On the way back Scotty felt the pinch on Old Tannum Hill and dropped back a little, once he was back on off we went again. In the Ranch we picked up Marty. Dylan cracked the whip a bit harder through town only to drop the old fella again on the hills in Boyne. Once he was on again we headed up towards the Smelter up that horrible never ending grind; I'm sure you all know the one. Not sure where we lost Scotty as I was too scared to look as Dylan dragged Marty and I along at almost 40 up the hill. Once past the first roundabout he cranks it over 40 and keeps pushing. Past the next roundabout and he cranks it up another notch to over 50 then at the bottom of the decline he gets out of the saddle and goes for it. Well by then I had blood coming out of my eyes and ears but I still had a crack, it lasted about 5 seconds and they were starting to pull away so I sat up and watched Marty scramble to keep Dylan's wheel as they disappeared up the road. That was no mean feat Marty so I take my hat off to you. The ride ended at the brew shop for most with only a few doing some extra k's after a bit of a chat. If you want a good fast ride Sunday is the day for you, likewise there's always a group that rides gentleman's pace as well, it is after all Sunday morning.

No comments: