Sunday, January 22, 2012

Rocky Crit - Rd 3






















Sunday just gone saw the 3rd Crit of the 5 race series in Rocky at Parkhurst and the racing was just as hot as the mercury. In B grade young Brendan and Vaughn (the one that actually rides his bike ;)....) were still in it towards the end but I didn't see the end as I was warming up with Kev; plus the results haven't been posted yet........In A grade Dylan and Brad flew the flag once again and it was a similar result to the last race with the exception of having 2 pros in the race. Dylan torched himself at the end of the race to drag Brad back on the last lap but the 2 guns were as you would expect in control. Champion effort by Dylan and Brad though because while the other A graders popped off they were the only 2 to not give in. After seeing Brads socks I think somebody should show him 'the rules'....I'm a little concerned he is having some isues.....

In C grade the pace was hot and from the get go so there was no time to settle in. Kev and I flew the flag for our area and I must say Kev looked the goods until he did a fret and had a rest for a lap (I will point out not riding at all for 2 weeks is not good preparation) before rejoining again. I had a crack at getting away but being unfit it became very apparent after a couple of laps away my time in the sun was not going to be this day. I did have another go at the end and lead into the last corner but got burgled coming out of it and had to settle for 4th. If you haven't been to a Crit go and watch a race in Rocky, it is fast and furious and with the lap distance of about 800 meters you don't have to wait long to see everyone come past. They also run 2 grades at the same time so there is plenty of action.

No comments: