Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ready to go to the well!!!!!

In 2 1/2 weeks time i will "race" my first IM. I have competed in 3 and raced in none. This one will be different. Previously i have gone into races wondering if i have done enough, wondering if some of the sessions i have missed would have made a difference. On the 5th Dec i will stand on the start line with 1500 others but this time i know i have left no stone un-turned.

It is always going to be a tough day. I havent heard of anyone say they have had an easy IM. I want to see what i have got against the other guys in my Age Group. Times really dont reflect much, having a look at where you placed amongst your peers does. My goal is to go Top 10 over in WA.

Im ready to take my body and mind to a place it has never been. Im going to go to the bottom of the well and see what i can find within.

Still not sure of my race number yet but if you guys get a chance to follow the race at http://www.ironmanlive.com/ here are some splits that i should be pretty close to. Lets hope i dont blow out on the run?????

Swim- 57:00 -59:00

Bike 4:55 - 5:00

Run 3:30 or better

1 comment:

G said...

Good luck Muz, got to take my hat off to you, no way I could train like you do. I'm sure the lads will all be on the computer on race day, look forward to seeing an awesome result